The RAF Manston History Museum is based on the history of this famous airfield from 1916 to the present day. On show are aircraft and artefacts illustrating various aspects of the airfield, squadrons and personnel from World War I up to modern search and rescue operations and its move into Civil Aviation.
- Chipmunk T.10 WP772 (Complete Aircraft)
- Gloster Meteor TT.20 WD646 (Complete aircraft representing as WD615)
- Handley Page Victor K.2 XL190 (Cockpit Section)
- Hawker Hunter F.6A XG226 (Complete cockpit section)
- Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S.2B (Complete Cockpit Section)
- Panavia Tornado GR.1 ZA325 (cockpit section)
- English Electric Lightning F.6 XR770 (Complete aircraft)
- SEPECAT Jaguar GR.3A XZ106 (Complete aircraft)
- Short 330-100 G-sswp (Cockpit, serves as event cafe)
- Slingsby Cadet TX.3 XA312 (Complete, repainted as VM791)
- Westland Wessex HU.5 XS482 (Complete aircraft)
- Westland Whirlwind HAS.7 XN380 (Complete, repainted in USAF colours)
- Fieseler Fi 103 (V-1) (Replica Gate Gardian)
- Nieuport 17 (Reproduction from movie Flyboys)
- Slingsby Grasshopper TX.1 XA321 (Complete)
- Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter (Reproduction from movie Flyboys)
- PZL TS-11 Iskra G-BXVZ (Complete aircraft)
There are also a large selection of military vehicles including two WWI trucks used in the film “War Horse”.
Opening Hours and Admission
Please check their website for up to date information.
RAF Manston History Museum
Kent CT12 5DF
Tel: 01843 825224